I am wondering if anyone can tell me exactly how I can debug the Griffon code.
What I did so far is this:
- Cleaned the project: "gradle clean"
- Removed the gradle cache directory: "rm -r $HOME/.gradle"
- Cloned Griffon 2.9.1: "git clone -b master https://github.com/griffon/griffon.git"
- Compiled with Debugging: "gradle -PwithDebug=true build" (it built successfully)
- Installed to Maven Local: "gradle publishToMavenLocal"
- Rebuilt the project refreshing dependencies: "gradle build --refresh-dependencies"
When I start the IDE (Netbeans) the debugger complains the source code was compiled without the -g option, so I cannot see the value of different variables within Griffon.
Any ideas on how to do this properly?
Support for the `withDebug` project property was removed in 2.9.1 as it caused trouble computing code-coverage. As a matter of fact 2.9.0 shipped without debug information but 2.9.1 should work, at least it does on IntelliJ.
Thanks for getting back. I saw the compiling information with the 'withDebug' property in the BUILDING.adoc for version 2.9.1 So from now on will the source be compiled with debugging information enabled by default?