Possible problem with lazybones 0.8.3

Scott_Walton
When I use lazybones 0.8.3 on Windows in a Powershell window to create a griffon project, I get an exception. Using lazybones 0.8.1 or 0.7.1 I don't I suspect that this a lazybones problem, but thought I'd mention it here in case it's more general. I did not try lazybones 0.8.2, but I did try several different griffon templates and they gave me the same error:

Post install script caused an exception, project might be corrupt: Failed to parse template script (your template may co
ntain an error or be trying to use expressions not currently supported): startup failed:
SimpleTemplateScript15.groovy: 1: illegal string body character after dollar sign;
   solution: either escape a literal dollar sign "\$5" or bracket the value expression "${5}" @ line 1, column 10.
   out.print("""#!/usr/bin/env bash
            ^

1 error

The unpacked template will remain in place to help you diagnose the problem

Re: Possible problem with lazybones 0.8.3

aalmiray
Administrator
Hi Scott,

Could you let us know which template caused the trouble?
Also, did you find the file that contains the "$5" pattern?

Cheers,
Andres

Re: Possible problem with lazybones 0.8.3

Scott_Walton
I'm pretty sure that the issue is actually with the PowerShell script (posh-gvm). I tried the same scripts on a Mac and did not receive any errors. On another Windows machine I have a straight 0.7.1 setup (no posh-gvm) and don't get any errors.

I did see the problem on 0.8.3 with griffon-javafx-groovy and griffon-javafx-java. I setup 0.8.1 lazybones with gvm and didn't see the problem. So the best possibilities are either the PowerShell script or the lazybones install. Doesn't seem to worth pursuing though.